Sunday, December 8, 2013

Not my Car...

With a glance, I vision the past in which we first met
Your mind is already made, with your own first look
Soon to be overturned with the conversational array of banter
and a look that makes you confused and curious
as I raise my head back over the table

On a couch, in a house, on a street, on the east side
we continue to battle our beliefs and bruises
And in a test of my interest, you leave
And stubborn as I am, retreat to the next opponent
Much more and less, we eventually rebound
Only your need is far more exceeded than mine
For now your ease is calmed with my presence

Yet you continue to throw hoops for me to jump through
And I little by little embrace your tactics
And break your concentration
And resolve your intentions

At the request of the time and limits set upon the party
We exit the premises and conclude to our modes of transportations
As I in the state of my consumption
Am not allowed to pursue my course

For your judgement is not whether I am capable
But for your own lingering temptations
I am convinced to enter an agreement with your direction
While others are not invited, we now alone
At your request

Long distance to get back to our starting point
And so our chance to revive the night is conquered
Assumptions are smoothed out and explained
Yet we hold back our intentions

After all the obstacles of the night
We end up in the parking lot of the place that started it all
Lies upon lies are spewed from our mouths
Yet you still believe me, only for your own amusement

You smirk and giggle at my nervousness
and awkward stance, as I question your motives
Your clear of your stance and make it so
You withhold your actions, in fear of consequences

As I do not give you what you wanted, you insist
As I give you what you insist, you overcome
As I resist you, you resist
And we end up on our own path...



to be continued for our next encounter...


No comments:

Post a Comment